Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
Posted by Staff in Uncategorized
Just as “CPR” skills make physical first aid possible, training in suicide intervention develops the skills used in suicide first aid.
ASIST is a two-day intensive, interactive and practice-dominated course designed to help caregivers recognize risk and learn how to intervene to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. ASIST is widely used by people in a variety of “front line” positions, including counselors, campus security, student services and residence hall staff, health care center staff, social workers and campus ministry.
Additional information on the ASIST program is available at: http://www.livingworks.net/page/Applied%20Suicide%20Intervention%20Skills%20Training%20(ASIST)
ASIST training is available to adult helpers on the following dates:
1. Feb. 16-17, Eastern Mennonite University, Harrisonburg, VA
2. Feb. 23-24, Virginia Mennonite Retirement Center, Harrisonburg, VA
3. May 9-10, Radford University, Radford, VA
4. May 30-31, Virginia State University, Petersburg VA
5. June (dates T.B.A), Roanoke University, Roanoke, VA
6. July 11-12, Lord Fairfax Community College, Middletown, VA